Using Inferno to serve files to Plan 9 in Qemu
Venkatesh Srinivas has posted a very brief guide that lets you serve files from Inferno to Plan 9 in Qemu.
I run Plan 9 in qemu, but I run neither fossil nor any other (major) disk file server in qemu. Instead, I have Inferno on my host serve files to Plan 9.
To accomplish this:
- I installed Plan 9, as normal, into a qemu disk image, with fossil as my fileserver
- I tarred up my root and copied it to my host
- I patched the 9 boot program to accept a file server on port 6666 rather than 564 (styx instead of 9fs)
- I untarred the root fs and had Inferno: ‘styxlisten -A tcp!*!6666 export /plan9’
- Start the both (qemu and inferno) together.
To post a comment you need to login first.